Contract Personnel Ltd
The post-holder will work under the direction of the Estates Officer and Head of Estates Department and
in accordance with the practices and procedures of the school, to ensure that the school premises and
contents are properly maintained, secured and ready for use as well as helping to ensure that the school
is clean and tidy.
The Site Technician has responsibility, under the direction of the Estates Officer and Head of Estates
Department, for the security of the school premises. The normal hours of attendance for work will be
determined by the needs of the school and undertaken with agreement of the Estates Officer and Head
Main Duties and responsibilities (not limited to)
Regularly checking the proper operation and function of alarms and fire equipment and ensuring
emergency exits are not obstructed, liaising with the emergency services including calling out as
required and undertake annual portable appliance testing, legionella testing, and all other
compliance tasks required.
• Responsible for the overall operational management and maintenance of the site including
oversight of grounds, and cleaning services where applicable.
• Under the direction of the Estates Officer and Head of Estates Department to take responsibility
for the duties associated with a reasonable number of evening and weekend lettings.
• Support senior leadership team with the effective and efficient running of the academy premises,
including health and safety compliance and comply with all legal requirements in relation to health
and safety, security, and the environment.
• Use appropriate systems to monitor and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of facilities
management within the academy.
• To be responsible for the management of contractors attending site including, but not limited to,
conducting site inductions and monitoring the work undertaken.
• Oversee the management of contractors onsite, ensuring:
– Risk assessments and method statements are provided, checking these and authorising for
work to proceed.
– Permits to work are issued as required.
– Safeguarding policy and procedures are adhered to.
• Contribute to the tendering of contracts for building related services. Support the selection,
evaluation of contractors. Ensure 3 quotes are obtained when required.
• To supervise and monitor cleaning staff (where applicable) under the general directions of the
Headteacher. Arranging rota’s when necessary to help facilitate the maintenance and cleaning of
Health and Safety
• Ensure the academy complies with all statutory and legal requirements for schools in relation to
buildings, premises and site.
• Play an active role in fire evacuation duties, co-ordinating the site team’s actions when an evacuation
is underway and ensure the principal is informed of the reason for the alarm activation at the earliest
• Responsible for the maintenance of firefighting equipment, ensuring regular weekly and monthly fire
checks are carried out, reporting any issues that arise.
• Carry out water hygiene checks on all hot and cold-water outlets where areas of the buildings have
been unused for more than a week.
Safeguarding & Promoting the welfare of children:
• The responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn.
• To identify children who may be in need of extra help or who are suffering, or are likely to suffer
significant harm. All staff than have a responsibility to take appropriate action, working with
services as needed
37.5 hours per week
Based around Hopton and Kessingland area