Contract Personnel Ltd
Project Engineer – Norwich.
£37,000 per annum
Contact Personnel are currently looking for Project Engineers to join our very well-respected client in Norwich. The suitable candidate would be working within Project Engineering already with a minimum of an HNC in an Engineering Discipline.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide drive and energy for the completion of all allocated projects
- Ownership of project from project handover until completion, recording and resolving actions via the action tracker.
- To act as the project focal point and liaise with the Client, nominated 3 rd Party bodies and all internal departments, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
- To identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff
- Define, manage and drive the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements
- Ensure AE financial management systems are current and reflect actual progress and forecast costs at an individual project level, highlighting significant forecast variations at the earliest opportunity.
- To understand the scope of the project(s) linking all parts of AE to understand progress and to ensure the project is on track to meet all correct “gates” (S.I.T & F.A.T., mobilisation and product release)
- Prepare project user requirements, documentation and manuals by engaging with customers, and taking sales (purchase orders) to a finale against an agreed specification.
- Ownership of ordering material / services in good time to meet project requirements and to raise material enquiries and purchase requisitions
- At delivery/execution/commissioning of the project all “gates” to have been followed, project controls met and deliverables fit for purpose.
- The Project Engineer will lead “Project Kick Off” meetings with the design team and instigate or actively participate in Design reviews.
- Own and present to Directors reviews on Project Progress
- Instigate HAZID and HAZOP meetings (as necessary)
- Monitoring of project cash flow to ensure that invoices accurately reflect the projects expenditure and current forecasting.
- Management of a variety of construction/engineering contracts with the ability to recognise, reduce and control commercial and technical risks in the project.
- Regular review of supplier relationships to ensure that accounts and timeframes are correct and true to project projections, expediting / mitigating any delays.
- Ensuring honest and open reporting of all technical, operational, contractual, claims, and financial related matters to the correct management in good time.
- Support Sales in the preparation of bids and quotations ensuring technical, operational and commercial aspects are addressed.
- Assist Operations in providing technical guidance where appropriate.
- Approval of Purchase Orders and Invoices in line with the project requirements/budgets.
- Checking and approval of detailed technical documents, reports and drawings linked to own project.
- Supervision of site work, including offshore, as required.
- Assist in Client visits/technical presentations as required
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures and in line with ISO 9001/14001 guidelines/requirements.
- Abide by all statutory requirements including those related to Health & Safety
- Understand and comply with your responsibilities under the Company’s policies and procedures in place from time to time, including all those relating to HR and Health and Safety
- Undertake any reasonable duties as directed by your line manager or Director of the business
What’s on offer
- Training and development (pay for professional quals, memberships and courses e.g. Chartership)
- Private heath plus employee Assistance scheme
- Life cover
- 25-day holiday plus bank hols
- Birthday leave after one years’ service
- Reduced gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
- Cycle to work
- Electric car scheme
Minimum of HNC in an Engineering Discipline, an experience in Project Engineering/Management Experience
For more information about this opportunity or any of our other roles please get in touch with me.