Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are recruiting on behalf a global manufacturing company based just outside of Beccles. Our client is looking for an experienced Production Technician to join their team.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- To work together with team in a flexible manner to achieve maximum productivity throughout the shift, liaising with the Shift Engineer to resolve problem areas.
- Undertake machine and equipment safety checks prior to start up and complete appropriate paperwork.
- To work with the Team Leader to achieve the Team Plans: e.g. Cleaning/Hygiene; Improvement Plans; Training Plans; Labour Plans.
- Responsible for obtaining technical information, equipment and raw materials needed for start-up of jobs, to perform tool changes/colour changes and to accept new jobs into production.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient running and monitoring of production throughout the shift and for inspection, packing and identification of product to meet specifications.
- To ensure highest quality standards are maintained and to work to Company Policy of zero defects.
- To co-operate in providing cover during breaks periods and training sessions.
- To produce output targets set by Team Leader.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of housekeeping and organisation and working to the 6 S’s system to achieve the requirements of the Housekeeping / Safety Audits.
- Responsible for working safely and obeying all Company Safety Rules, using the appropriate safety equipment/clothing provided, carrying-out daily safety checks and reporting problems / hazards.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Polymer Processing certification preferred or competent through experience and/or internal training
- Educated to GCSE Grade C level
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Knowledge of plastics manufacturing industry
- Engineering background / mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of either ISBM, EBM, IM processing