Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are actively recruiting on behalf of our highly established plastic manufacturing client who operates in more than 300 facilities around the globe!
Job Title – Production Technician
Yearly Salary – £31,566
Location – Beccles, Suffolk
Hours – 12-hour shift rotation (3-week rotation averaging 40 hours per week, days and nights)
Duties and Responsibilities;
• To work together with team in a flexible manner to achieve maximum productivity throughout the shift, liaising with the Shift Engineer to resolve problem areas.
• Undertake machine and equipment safety checks prior to start up and complete appropriate paperwork.
• To work with the Team Leader to achieve the Team Plans: e.g. Cleaning/Hygiene; Improvement Plans; Training Plans; Labour Plans.
• Responsible for obtaining technical information, equipment and raw materials needed for start-up of jobs, to perform tool changes/colour changes and to accept new jobs into production.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient running and monitoring of production throughout the shift and for inspection, packing and identification of product to meet specifications.
• To ensure highest quality standards are maintained and to work to Company Policy of zero defects.
• To co-operate in providing cover during breaks periods and training sessions.
• To produce output targets set by Team Leader.
• Responsible for maintaining high standards of housekeeping and organisation and working to the 6 S’s system to achieve the requirements of the Housekeeping / Safety Audits.
• Responsible for working safely and obeying all Company Safety Rules, using the appropriate safety equipment/clothing provided, carrying-out daily safety checks and reporting problems / hazards.
Experience & Skills required;
• Polymer Processing certification preferred or competent through experience and/or internal training
• Educated to GCSE Grade C level
• Knowledge of plastics manufacturing industry
• Engineering background / mechanical aptitude
• Knowledge of either EBM/IM/ISBM/IBM processing
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking on-site parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
Is this you?
Hit the apply now button!