Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are recruiting on behalf a global manufacturing company based just outside of Beccles. Our client is looking for an experienced Production Technician to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To work together with team in a flexible manner to achieve maximum productivity throughout the shift, liaising with the Shift Engineer to resolve problem areas.
• Undertake machine and equipment safety checks prior to start up and complete appropriate paperwork.
• To work with the Team Leader to achieve the Team Plans: e.g. Cleaning/Hygiene; Improvement Plans; Training Plans; Labour Plans.
• Responsible for obtaining technical information, equipment and raw materials needed for start-up of jobs, to perform tool changes/colour changes and to accept new jobs into production.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient running and monitoring of production throughout the shift and for inspection, packing and identification of product to meet specifications.
• To ensure highest quality standards are maintained and to work to Company Policy of zero defects.
• To co-operate in providing cover during breaks periods and training sessions.
• To produce output targets set by Team Leader.
• Responsible for maintaining high standards of housekeeping and organisation and working to the 6 S’s system to achieve the requirements of the Housekeeping / Safety Audits.
• Responsible for working safely and obeying all Company Safety Rules, using the appropriate safety equipment/clothing provided, carrying-out daily safety checks and reporting problems / hazards.
Experience & Skills required
• Educated to GCSE Grade C level
• Engineering background / mechanical aptitude
12-hour shift rotation (3-week rotation averaging 40 hours per week)