Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are recruiting for a Packaging Engineer on behalf of one of our favourite clients based in Hethel, Norwich
The role involves supporting the Supply chain department with advanced planning activities for Packaging Design, Planning and Implementation solutions, for all current and new vehicle programmes. This includes working on design and commission prototypes and production packaging solutions, for component and sub assembly deliveries to the production line. The ideal candidate will be required to work in tandem with multiple departments, to ensure that all planning & packaging is in line with business expectations, as well as meeting all regulatory and health and safety requirements.
Duties and Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Calculate internal / external costs, that contribute to the Total Acquisition Costs
- Feed in and support the supplier selection processes
- Assess the impact on packaging & process flow & capability
- Lead and complete packaging projects, from concept to implementation
- Plan the implementation of packaging solutions, with minimal impact to the business
- Monitor and report on performance metrics for packaging deliverable
- Process design, work instructions & operational procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- ONC or above in Engineering / Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use AutoCAD, Teamcenter and other 2D or 3D drawing packages.
- Experience of Automotive supply chain or a manufacturing environment, or a demanding and fast-moving manufacturing/production environment.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office suite at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge and application of lean principles.
Salary & benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, you will have access to the following benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 6% pension contribution
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme, based on your contribution and the performance of the company
- Private Healthcare
- Group income protection based on length of service
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- Family Friendly policies
- Exclusive Employee discount, wellbeing, and recognition platform #ForUSLOT
If you are interested in this superb opportunity please apply below!
Or give Louis at Contract Personnel (Thetford) a call on 01842 750222
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Contract Personnel are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.