Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract Personnel Ltd
Maintenance Engineer- Electrical Biased
£26,635 = overtime
Monday To Friday shifts
Contract Personnel are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our well-respected client based in Norwich.
Main duties and responsibilities –
- To support the Maintenance Management Team in all aspects of the organisation and control of the Maintenance and Site Engineering function.
- To be suitably qualified in electrical engineering and keep abreast of current IEE regulations.
- Be responsible for fault finding all electrical equipment on site with the exception of High Voltage equipment over 1500 volts.
- Have a good working knowledge of the principles of CNC machine tools and possess the ability to operate and understand the various types of computer control machines employed on site, effecting repairs as necessary.
- Have a working knowledge of the Company’s business system hardware and the competence to install test and maintain.
- Have a good working knowledge of PLC’s as applied to Company equipment with the ability to fault find and rectify.
- Have the ability to estimate, plan and execute installations.
- To establish and maintain good housekeeping standards throughout the maintenance facility.
- To manage and to be motivated to meet the Company deadlines and identify any personal training needs.
- Report on progress of items and review actions with the maintenance management team to rectify any deficiencies, reporting any issues preventing the achievement of duties to the Maintenance Management / Operations Manager.
- To ensure that all duties are performed with full compliance to prevailing external regulations relating to personal protection, Health & Safety and industry good practice and to report any observed non-compliance to the Maintenance Management / Operations Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To service ad-hoc requests in a courteous and efficient manner.
- To liaise with other employees to ensure the Company obtains maximum service from the Maintenance function.
- Carry out other tasks as may be reasonably requested by Line Manager, which are within the role holder’s ability.
Education / Qualification Requirements:
- GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths (or equivalent)
- Holding a fork lift licence would be an advantage.
- Hold an Access equipment licence
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must be able to work to a high-quality standard.
- Must be physically fit as manual handling is involved.
- Have good communication skills at all levels of the business, with good written and verbal communication and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Possess good organisational skills with a genuine ability to multi task.
- Be meticulous and always follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Have a proactive approach and the ability to use own initiative.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
For more information about this opportunity or any of our other roles please get in touch with me. Rwelsh@cpl.uk.com or call 01603 764044