Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are working with a global manufacturer based towards the east of Norwich, they are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team. The sucessful candidate must come from a Manufacturing background and looking for great progression.
The Maintenance Engineer ‘s key focus areas will be:
Minimise machine downtime
Prevent manufacturing lost time
Achievement of the Preventative Maintenance Plan
Generating continuous improvement ideas
The Maintenance Engineer will have experience of working as a Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Engineer within a manufacturing environment, demonstrating an understanding of manufacturing processes, experience of working with manufacturing systems; related controls and instrumentation systems . Experience of process, packaging and service equipment
The ideal Maintenance Engineer will have some the following qualifications: BTECH, ONC qualification as a minimum in an Electrical discipline or Multi skilled Engineering qualification C&G, NVQ 3 Electrical Maintenance
Time served apprentice Multi-skilled Engineer HNC level in electrical or production maintenance engineerin
• Daily preventative maintenance activities and routine safety inspections.
• Fault finding and diagnostics in reactive breakdown or planned situations.
• Planned preventative maintenance on a variety of production machinery to include extruders and site services.
• Ensure all breakdowns are dealt with promptly and efficiently whilst ensuring that all PPM schedules are maintained.
• Support project development
• Follow and encourage stringent HSE and standard company practices.
• Fully engage with the operations team to provide proactive support to the plant and equipment, maximising production output.
• Practice continuous improvement and pro-activeness for improved ways of working offering possible solutions
• Perform maintenance tasks as part of planned maintenance or as directed by the Engineering Manager.
• Respond promptly to any unplanned maintenance issues or repairs to ensure minimum down time
• Demonstrate tenacity in approach to incident management and actively pursue investigations to identify root causes
• Understand importance of preventative maintenance schedules and prioritise activities to efficiently use resources
• Use initiative and confidently make sound decisions quickly based on knowledge, experience and best practice
• Effectively involve specialists to resolve complex issues
• Understand the importance of accurate and clear written records, maintaining documentation to a high standard
• Communication skills
• Sound judgement skills
• Able to manage risk
• Personal accountability/ownership
• Quality of work
• Good Team Player
• Able to work under own initiative
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• Company pension
• Free parking
• On-site parking