Contract Personnel Ltd
ontract Personnel are recruiting on behalf of a well-established, valued and trusted supplier of packaging materials here in Norfolk. Due to continued growth our client is looking to recruit an experienced Ink Technician to join their team on the outskirts of Norwich.
This role encompasses providing technical and other operational support to the print department; blending and supplying inks to meet job requirements in a timely manner in line with the site KPI’s.
You will be required to undertake colour matching, assisting on trials and stock management along with the control of ink waste; the input of technical and detailed work for our production and manufacturing teams, and liaising with team leaders and printers.
We are looking for a proactive person, who wants to be part of a growing organisation.
Direct Role Responsibilities
- Deliver timely colour and press side support.
- Blend and supply inks to meet job requirements in a timely manner.
- Undertake colour matching.
- Assist on trials and stock management along with the control of ink waste.
- Minimise make-ready times.
- Minimise waste.
- Minimise down time.
- Achieve quality and product safety levels set by the Printing Manager.
- Ensure that labelling and ink data have the correct information.
- Work to schedules set by the Print Manager.
- Manage returns, relevant machinery & equipment within the department.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting during shifts
- Pre-empt issues through clear and precise communication on a daily basis with your immediate colleagues and Print Manager e.g. notification & remedy of missing or damaged machinery or materials and issues running allocated jobs etc.
Indirect Role Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate stock management and waste control.
- Be observant concerning quality standards, including presentation of finished product.
- Report maintenance issues using the Company reporting procedure.
- Ensure BRC Code of Practice is applied throughout the room.
- Communicate major accidents or incidents to management as and when required.
- Produce excellent quality finished goods.
- Maximise machine efficiencies, ensuring machine speeds are optimised.
- Minimise machine, material and personnel downtime.
- Monitor and control quality, ensuring that any defect product is highlighted to a Team Leader and that it is removed and recorded correctly.
- Ensure effective shift change-over is carried out.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover where possible.
- Provide up-to-date accurate stock figures and other progress information as required.
- Support the Print Manager/Team Leader where required, in concluding spoilage and NC investigations and customer complaints.
- Working closely with other departments as well as printers & assistants.
- Create an accurate record of pending and completed work.
- Create good working relationships with colleagues, managers and external suppliers.
- Contribute towards improving customer service standards by highlighting issues and offering solutions.
- Complete duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, making recommendations for improvement through Health & Safety Representative as appropriate.
- Carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner as per the Coveris health and Safety policy and statutory standards.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained including ensuring consumables are available at point of use, following the Company Clean As You Go Policy.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational performance.
- Prioritise workload in line with production requirements to ensure agreed timescales and deadlines are met.
- Communicate with relevant parties the status of any ongoing work.
- Mentor, train and coach trainees and colleagues, as appropriate, to enhance team performance and deliver the future talent.
- Undertake specialised training when required.
- Complete ad-hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, subject to appropriate training.
- Undertake any tasks requested to aid smooth running of the department.
- Adhere at all times to safe operating procedures.
- Ensure your area of responsibility remains hazard free as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Constantly review standards and working practices to achieve and exceed targets
- Have a clear understanding of the Company / Staff Handbook
Direct Role Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A solid understanding of colour control is essential.
- A good understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations.
- Experience of British Retail Consortium (BRC) standards for the food industry is desirable.
- Experience of printing presses and conversion machines is desirable.
Shifts will be offered as the following:
6:00 am to 2:00 pm, 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm and 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
Monday to Friday
Some weekend working may be required