Contract Personnel Ltd
To carry out maintenance and repairs to Company vehicles in both an efficient and safe manner, complying with all relevant legislation in order to deliver business objectives.
- Implement all Health and Safety policies and procedures ensuring compliance with legislation and aligned to best practice.
- Perform all duties with due and constant regard for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees, and those with whom your duties involve contact.
- Diagnose and perform repairs on Company vehicles and trailers in a timely manner to minimise downtime and ensure the vehicle is in a roadworthy and legal condition, escalating any faults to the Transport Manager where necessary.
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance on vehicles, including inspections, tyre rotation, routine servicing and prepare vehicles for MOT testing.
- Collect vehicles and make feed deliveries as required and as directed by the management team.
- Front End Loader checks to be done daily at Stoke Ferry Mill and weekly checks at Furlong.
- Assess requirements and maintain adequate resource of materials and equipment within the workshop, effectively liaising with suppliers to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensure hygiene requirements of the workshop are met to prevent a negative impact on quality standards.
- Review all works to ensure that budgeted costs and timescales are met, escalating any discrepancies to the Transport manager.
- Liaise with other operational areas to ensure the efficient flow of information so all internal and external customer requirements are met.
- Drive continuous improvement, proactively reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve efficiency, safety, quality and performance.
- Complete all relevant documentation relating to each day’s work to ensure compliance with current road haulage legislation and Company policy and procedures.
- Carry out other general workshop duties as required and as directed by the management team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Standard Grade level 4 or equivalent National Grade in Maths and English preferred.
- Valid HGV Class 1 (C+E) Licence.
- Relevant HGV Technician qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an HGV Technician.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Blower and Hydraulic experience would be an advantage.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Deciding & Initiating Action: Take ownership of work, demonstrating a logical ability to decide on the most appropriate course of action whilst working under minimal supervision.
- Supporting & Co-operating: Works effectively as part of a team and collaboratively with other operational areas to meet increasing productivity and quality targets.
- Interacting & Presenting: Establish good relationships with colleagues and customers, striving for high customer satisfaction and demonstrating a professional and approachable attitude throughout customer interaction.
- Applying Expertise & Technology: Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development and drives continuous improvement by suggesting changes to current methodology in order to improve efficiency and performance.
- Planning & Organising: The ability to prioritise and use own initiative in order to meet the demands of a fast-paced work environment.
- Adapting & Coping: Demonstrate flexibility within the role, adapt approach and priorities in support of business needs.
- Following Instructions & Procedures: Strong attention to detail whilst working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, ensuring compliance with all legal and safety requirements of the role.