Head of Operations
Contract Personnel Ltd
Head of Operations – Norwich and Staffordshire
up to £90,000 per annum
Contract Personnel are currently looking for an experienced Head of operations to join our well-established client based in Norwich with occasional working in Staffordshire. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience working within the fresh produce or FMCG sector
The successful candidate will have the aptitude to adapt to the needs of the team, providing support, understanding technical direction as needs be in order to create a happy and high performing team.
My client is looking for someone to create, develop and put effort into an operational development pan to enable the continuous improvement and growth of the operational team over the next 5 years.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining the exemplarity operational safety record through continued evolution and constant focus on the policies, processes and safety systems.
- Direct responsibility for the full operational scorecard at each site.
- Management of the Opex and Capex budgets at each site, ensuring effective and efficient communication with the finance team.
- Ensure best practices are adopted across the network of sites with regard to safety, quality, efficiency
- and delivery accuracy.
- Maintain and develop an effective continuous improvement program to drive a structured production excellence culture.
- Work alongside a Commercial Director to deliver the projects within the department at agreed profit
- level, in line with business objectives.
- Ensure effective forward planning of both the direct and indirect labour resource, ensuring productivity is maintained at all sites.
- Driving and motivating all employees and leading performance reviews, to ensure an engaged and
- skilled workforce.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- We seek an experienced individual who as a minimum has operated successfully in an operational role, Either as an Operations Manager or Operations Director.
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of personal motivation
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting both the operational team and peer group
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position
- Willing and able to take responsibility
- Manage numerous activities across a number of projects simultaneously
- Full driving license
This role requires experience in operations management within a fast-paced organisation. Due to the broad remit of this role and the number of differing interactions both internally and externally, this role will require excellent communication and negotiation skills. Also essential to the success of this role is in-depth experience of planning systems and the integration of planning with finance, operations and commercial faculties.
Ideally suited to an experienced professional with food industry specific knowledge, this is a varied and challenging position, but sits at the very core of the operational business. He / she will need to be expert in setting and achieving goals, managing complex projects and directing large and diverse teams.
For more information about this opportunity or any of our other roles please get in touch with me.