Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are currently recruiting for Growing Assistants / General Operatives to join our market leading clients in the food manufacturing sector based in Easton.
Our client iis changing the way food manufacturing is done with their 21 century designs, they require an experienced professional to add to their Growing/Production team.
Roles and responsibilities: –
• Monitoring of growing conditions within the vertical farm to ensure a constant growing environment is maintained.
• Operating an automated storage and retrieval system for moving product around the farm.
• Monitoring the automated harvesting and sowing operations.
• Manual weighing and bulk packing of product ready for dispatch.
• Routine daily hygiene tasks, including but not limited to sweeping, clean down of process line and cleaning of process areas and goods in/out areas.
• Dispatch of finished goods by forklift from cold storage.
• Preparation of production areas ready for processing, including but not limited to restocking of process line, crate washing and restocking of growing media.
• Addition of nutrient solutions and salts to irrigation and RO systems, along with regular checking of these systems.
• Completion of auditing and checklist for quality purposes to ensure conformance.
• An active role in providing solutions for continuous improvements.
• Ensure adherence to food safety regulations and procedures.
• Ensure adherence to health and safety procedures.
• Compile safe work instructions and play an active role in the production of risk assessments for production areas.
• Use of a forklift truck for offloading goods in and loading goods out, as well as moving of equipment and stock within the farm.
• Maintain good manufacturing standards, keeping work areas clean and organised.
• Additional reasonable tasks that your line manager deems appropriate.
• Ability to operate and control equipment in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Good time management with the ability to work to a planned production schedule.
• Good attention to detail, with good organisation skills.
• Flexible and open to a change in a growing production environment.
• Ability to perform basic manual handling tasks and ability to work on foot for extended time periods in a busy production area.
• Ability to perform basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
• A proactive, and innovative outlook.