Flexographic Print Operative
Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are recruiting on behalf of a well-established, valued and trusted supplier of packaging materials here in Norfolk. Due to continued growth our client is looking to recruit an experienced Flexographic Print Operative to join their team on the outskirts of Norwich.
It encompasses using printing machines and materials in a factory environment to produce excellent quality finished goods of printed film – meeting precise customer specifications and maximising efficiency; minimising downtime of the machines; the input of technical and detailed work for our production and manufacturing teams; and liaising with warehouse and office administration teams.
Our client are looking for a proactive person, who wants to be part of a growing organisation.
Direct Role Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for running machines.
- Use printing machines to prepare customer-ordered materials of flexible film.
- Be flexible regarding running of different presses when requested.
- Maintain maximum optimum running speeds.
- Minimise make-ready times, waste, and down times.
- Pass and sign off jobs on the press.
- Supervise machines at stop times, allowing for wash up at end of the shift.
- Ensure that the day-to-day running of the printing machines are fully utilised.
- Achieve quality and product safety levels set by the Printing Manager.Ensure the traceability labels have the correct information.
- Work to schedules set by the Print Manager.
- Pre-empt issues through clear and precise communication on a daily basis with your immediate colleagues and Print Manager e.g. notification & remedy of missing or damaged machinery or materials and issues running allocated jobs etc.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting during shift.
- Ensure pre-print tasks are completed, ready for print jobs to run; printing plates are available at press at the beginning of a job, sleeves, plates and job bags in the allocated areas, sleeves are checked for cleanliness.
Indirect Role Responsibilities
- Report maintenance issues using the Company reporting procedure.
- Be observant concerning quality standards, including presentation of finished product.
- Ensure BRC Code of Practice is applied throughout the room.
- Communicate major accidents or incidents to management as and when required.
- Produce excellent quality finished goods.
- Maximise machine efficiencies, ensuring machine speeds are optimised.
- Minimise machine, material and personnel downtime.
- Monitor and control quality, ensuring that any defect product is highlighted to a Team Leader and that it is removed and recorded correctly.
- Ensure effective shift change-over is carried out.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover where possible.
- Provide up-to-date accurate stock figures and other progress information as required.
- Create an accurate record of pending and completed work.
- Liaise with warehouse and office administration teams.
- Create good working relationships with colleagues, managers and external suppliers.
- Contribute towards improving customer service standards by highlighting issues and offering solutions.
- Complete duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, making recommendations for improvement through Health & Safety Representative as appropriate.
- Carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner as per the Coveris health and Safety policy and statutory standards.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained including ensuring consumables are available at point of use, following the Company Clean As You Go Policy.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational performance.
- Prioritise workload in line with production requirements to ensure agreed timescales and deadlines are met.
- Communicate with relevant parties the status of any ongoing work.
- Mentor, train and coach trainees and colleagues, as appropriate, to enhance team performance and deliver the future talent.
- Undertake specialised training when required.
- Complete of ad-hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, subject to appropriate training.
- Undertake any tasks requested to aid smooth running of the department.
- Adhere at all times to safe operating procedures.
- Ensure your area of responsibility remains hazard free as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Constantly review standards and working practices to achieve and exceed targets.
- Have a clear understanding of the Company / Staff Handbook.
Direct Role Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A solid understanding of all major printing processes, especially flexographic, but training will be given.
- A good understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of British Retail Consortium (BRC) standards for the food industry is desirable.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- A great communicator, with great task management and organisational skills.
- Drive commitment to excellence in quality and efficiency placing the customer at the centre of operational activities meet quality objectives.
- Communicate in an open and honest manner, demonstrating ethical and professional behaviours at all times, whilst remaining organised and calm under pressure.
- Understand and promote Coveris values.
- Respect the rights, differences, and dignity of those who work in our business.
- Use your own initiative when necessary and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be self-motivated – create your own motivation that does not require a high level of ‘hand holding’ as well as the ability to tackle obstacles that arise day to day.
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in difficult situations.
- Be able to tackle issues both big and small.
- Promote team spirit and morale.
- Positive representation -maintains a solid representation – having a positive work ethic and a strong sense of what is appropriate in the workplace.
Shifts will be offered as the following:
6:00 am to 2:00 pm, 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm and 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
Monday to Friday
Some weekend working may be required