Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are recruiting on behalf of a well-established, valued and trusted supplier of packaging materials here in Norfolk. Due to continued growth our client is looking to recruit an experienced Finishing Operative to join their team on the outskirts of Norwich.
It encompasses using conversion machines and materials in a factory environment to produce excellent quality finished goods; minimising downtime of the machines; the input of technical and detailed work for our production and manufacturing teams; and liaising with warehouse and office administration teams.
We are looking for a proactive person, who wants to be part of a growing organisation.
Direct Role Responsibilities
- Use conversion/finishing machines to prepare customer-ordered materials of flexible film.
- Be flexible regarding running of different machines when requested.
- Maintain maximum optimum machine running speeds.
- Minimise machine make-ready times, waste and machine down time.
- Pass and signing off jobs on the machines.
- Report maintenance issues using the Company reporting procedure.
- Minimise machine, material and personnel downtime.
- Achieve quality and product safety levels set by the Finishing Manager.
- Ensure the core or box traceability labels have the correct information.
- Monitor and control quality, ensuring that any defect product is highlighted to a Team Leader and that it is removed and recorded correctly.
- Ensure effective shift change-over is carried out.
- Pre-empt issues through effective communication e.g. notification & remedy of missing or damaged machinery or materials and issues running allocated jobs etc.
- Provide up-to-date accurate stock figures and other progress information as required.
Indirect Role Responsibilities
- Be observant concerning quality standards, including presentation of finished product.
- Ensure BRC Code of Practice is applied throughout the room.
- Communicate major accident or incident to management as and when required.
- Ensure that the day-to-day running of the conversion machines are fully utilised.
- Produce excellent quality finished goods.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover where possible.
- Create good working relationships with colleagues and managers.
- Constantly review standards and working practices to achieve and exceed targets.
- Completion of duties in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, making recommendations for improvement through Health & Safety Representative as appropriate.
- Carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner as per the Coveris health and Safety policy and statutory standards.
- Adhere at all times to safe operating procedures and ensure area of responsibilty remains hazard free as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Prioritise workload in line with production requirements to ensure agreed timescales and deadlines are met.
- Communicate with relevant parties the status of any ongoing work.
- Create an accurate record of pending and completed work.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained.
- Assist with training of colleagues as required.
- Undertake specialised training when required.
- Complete ad-hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, subject to appropriate training.
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping, following the Company Clean As You Go Policy
- Have a clear understanding of the Company / Staff Handbook
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year production & assembly operations experience in manufacturing and especially the packaging industry.
- A good understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations.
- Experience of pneumatic and hydraulic systems is desirable.
- Have experience of BRC standards for the food industry is desirable.
- Have experience of printing presses and conversion machines is desirable.
- Good attendance and time keeping.
- Ability to multi-skill between tasks where trained or experienced.
- Good organisational and self-motivational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages would be an advantage, especially with Excel & Word.
- You will need to evidence you are eligible to work in the UK.
Who we are looking for:
- A great communicator, with great task management and organisational skills.
- Drive commitment to excellence in quality and efficiency.
- Communicate in an open and honest manner, demonstrating ethical and professional behaviours at all times, whilst remaining organised and calm under pressure.
- Respect the rights, differences, and dignity of those who work in our business.
- Should be able to use own initiative when necessary and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Happy to mentor, train and coach trainees and colleagues to enhance team performance and deliver the future talent.
- Self-motivated – Creates their own motivation, that does not require a high level of ‘hand holding,’ as well as the ability to tackle obstacles that arise day to day.
- Maintains a positive attitude, even in difficult situations. Able to tackle issues both big and small. Promotes team spirit and morale.
- Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates “can do” attitude.
- Travel may be required therefore current, clean driving licence an advantage.
- Positive representation -maintains a solid representation – having a positive work ethic and a strong sense of what is appropriate in the workplace.
Shifts will be offered asa double shift; 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Monday to Friday