Contract Personnel Ltd
Role – Fabricator role
Location – Thetford, Norfolk
Working hours – Monday to Friday – Full time hours
Salary – Between £11.00 – £15.00 per hour
Capacity of role – Permanent position
Contract Personnel are supporting our client, a manufacturing company based in Thetford, with their search for a Metalworking Fabricator.
With an everchanging market we seek to build on the strength and support to their team and increase their engineering skills base.
Main duties will include –
• Identify ERW, RHS, Stainless Steel and Aluminium materials both in shape, size and grade.
• Work fluently in both imperial and metric sizing.
• You must be able to read engineering drawings.
• Experience in using manual mills would be a significant advantage.
• Experience in sawing, deburring, tube forming, drilling / tapping, and marking out, although an individual with good core skills and keen to develop within our committed team could be supported.
• Extract piece part requirements from engineering drawings and supporting information.
• Saw lengths of various materials to the correct quantity and length, often including mitre cuts, and deburring.
• Conducting drilling and tapping operations on materials, including the correct selection of tooling, feeds and speeds.
• There could be an opportunity to train for processing rolled and formed tubular material.
• Follow manufacturing/quality procedures and standards
• Keep areas clean, tidy and adhere to Company Health and Safety procedure.
• Previous experience in a general light engineering business.
• Competency in the use of hand tools and measuring equipment – tape measures, vernier calipers, protractors, etc..
• Able to follow clear and precise procedures/instructions
• Good communication and team skills are essential
• Good timekeeping
• Flexibility to work overtime when required