Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation biased technician supporting process operations and maintenance activities across their site based in Bury St Edmunds.
Our world renowned UK client is the leading processor in it’s field. They are always looking out for new opportunities to expand their already established team of Technicians.
About the role;
Reporting to the Shift Performance Manager and working as part of a multi-skilled team on shift during Operational periods, this role will carry out planned and reactive electrical and instrumentation maintenance as required.
• Installation of new plant or modifications as appropriate.
• Carry out planned inspection routes on process plant and proactive maintenance.
• During maintenance periods undertake maintenance activities as well as testing and commissioning plant in readiness for operations.
• Reporting of all engineering activities in the appropriate format into the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
• Comprehensive technical knowledge gained through large scale, complex operational factory experience.
• Understanding of hazards and controls associated with a complex industrial environment and producing food and feed.
• ONC / HNC in Electrical Engineering supported by a recognised apprenticeship.
• A proven track record of effective technical problem-solving fault diagnosis, maintenance, and continuous improvement.
• Experience of working in a lean operating environment.
• Experience of working effectively in an operational team of varying disciplines and skill levels.
• Ability to effectively balance urgent and important tasks.
• Ability to demonstrate practical hands-on skills, competence, and knowledge of maintenance activities in the sugar manufacturing process.