Customer Service Manager
Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are recruiting on behalf of a well-established, valued and trusted supplier of packaging materials in the food industry here in Norfolk. Due to continued growth our client is looking to recruit a Customer Service Manager to join their team on the outskirts of Norwich.
As a manager you’ll be expected to answer both customer and team questions and resolve problems, set team goals, monitor progress, onboard and train staff members.
As somebody with your own portfolio of customers, you’ll provide and promote a professional high quality customer focused service to our stakeholders. It encompasses liaison with sales and customers; the input of technical and detailed orders for our production and manufacturing teams; and liaising with warehouse and office administration teams.
Our client looking for a proactive, professionally presented person, who wants to be part of a growing organisation, who understands the challenging relationships with stakeholders.
Direct Role Responsibilities
- Manage the team; answering questions and resolving problems, setting team goals, monitoring progress, onboarding and training team members.
- Create good working relationships with colleagues, managers and other stakeholders e.g. customers and suppliers.
- Validate and process customer orders using our in-house operating system.
- Record accurate information and determine required course of action, referring to the relevant departments (as appropriate) over issues where the relevant technical or practical experience is required to make a sound judgement.
- Provide up-to-date accurate stock figures and other progress information as required.
- Communicate effectively and politely with internal and external contacts to ensure customer queries and complaints are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Contribute towards improving customer service standards by highlighting issues and offering solutions.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational performance.
- Mentor, train and coach team members and colleagues to enhance performance and deliver the future talent.
- Adhere at all times to safe operating procedures and the ensure area of responsibilty remains hazard free as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Constantly review standards and working practices to achieve and exceed targets.
- Dependability – takes personal ownership of all aspects of the job role, delivering on KPI’s and objectives
- Have an understanding of working within the food sector and basic understanding of BRC certification
Indirect Role Responsibilities:
- Create and implement policies and procedures in dealing with customers or clients.
- Ensure online documents and paperwork are accurately filed/stored maintaining a tidy office environment. Archive where appropriate.
- Prioritise workload in line with production requirements to ensure agreed timescales and deadlines are met.
- Communicate with relevant parties the status of any ongoing work.
- Create an accurate record of pending and completed work.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained.
- Assist with training of colleagues as required.
- Undertake specialised training when required.
- Completion of ad-hoc duties to meet the needs of the business, subject to appropriate training.
- Maintain and manage a busy email inbox.
- Undertake any tasks requested to aid the smooth running of the department.
- Be able to read and understand sales and customer requirements.
- Understand the production requirements.
- Understand the basics in all major printing and conversion processes.
- Suggest improvements to the processes and sales standards where applicable.
- Demonstrate an active engagement whilst constantly looking for ways to improve the processes to drive commercial benefit
- GCSE level mathematics and English are essential.
- Degree level education is preferred but not essential.