Contract Personnel Ltd
Contract Personnel are actively recruiting on behalf of one of the world’s largest gas control companies for experienced CNC Programmer/Setter/Operators
Rate of pay £15 to £17 per hour dependant on experience
This is a permanent role, 39 hrs per week. This is a combination of a shift work early and afternoon shift as follows:
• Day Shift – 07.30 to 16.15 Mon to Thurs & 07.30 to 13.30 Fri
• Late Shift – 11.30 to 20.00 Monday to Friday.
Alternating shift patterns. Shift premium remains at 25%
OT paid x1.5 Monday to Friday
OT paid x2.0 Saturdays
CNC Setters will have previous experience in setting CNC turning centres and CNC lathes, programs will be mainly using Fanuc controlled systems. Have the ability to interpret engineering drawings to determine the best method.
CNC Setters will set and where necessary, operate a range of CNC turning centres, and CNC sliding head lathes to produce parts.
• The setting of machines, adhering to Company procedures; ensuring the efficient use of resources.
• To organise all necessary ‘pre-setting’ activities; using all personnel and equipment made available to you effectively.
• Provision of a quality set up, adopting a ‘right first time on time’ approach, ensuring the required level of quality and efficiency throughout the production run.
• Take a responsible attitude to health, safety, and the environment in relation to your own role, and that of your colleagues. Report any related issues to your supervisor, or EHS representative
KEY DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• Load program, set machine and present a first off for inspection. Report any production related issues to your supervisor, or line manager.
• Maintain the efficient operation of the machinery.
• Ensure that there is sufficient stock of raw material prepared for the machine to manufacture the components as per the works order/production schedule.
• Make a positive contribution in maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, tidy, and well organised; participation in ‘5S’ activities is mandatory and part of the role.
• Ensure that all equipment is used correctly and returned to its designated storage area on the completion of a job, in a clean and sound condition.
• Carry out any other tasks, that are reasonable and within your capability; as requested by your supervisor, or line manager.
• Attend and participate in any relevant training courses, toolbox talks or briefings that the company consider to be of benefit to you, or the department.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in then hit the apply button!
Or call (me) Louis or 01842 750222
Or email your up to date CV to LBRABIN@CPL.UK.COM